Meet Award-Winning Orthodontist & Founder of 303 Smiles, Dr. Derek Straffon
Every Patient Deserves a Custom, Signature Smile
Award-winning orthodontist, Dr. Derek Straffon is leading the way with a completely customized approach to orthodontic treatment. He has earned a top reputation for designing Smiles that light up the room and last a lifetime. Crafted by an amazing, caring team, our 303 Smiles are tailored for kids and adults alike, comfortable, fast, and aesthetic.
Orthodontist With a Passion for Orthodontics & Transforming Smiles
Dr. Straffon attended Indiana University before going on to receive his Doctor of Dental Surgery and Master of Science in Orthodontics from the University of Michigan. Rated as the top university in the United States, and achieved second place within the global ranking. He is a recipient of the prestigious Thomas A. Graber Award for Research in Orthodontics, as well as the Top Orthodontist award by Since 2008 5280 Magazine. Dr. Straffon was also named Top Doctor among USA Top Dentists. When he isn’t customizing smiles for his patients, Dr. Straffon also shares his orthodontic expertise by speaking at events around the country.
In his free time, you will find Dr. Straffon enjoying the outdoors of Colorado by running triathlons, mountain biking, skiing, and spending time with his family.
Click to See How Hand-Crafted Smiles are Made at 303 Smiles!
University of Michigan, School of Dentistry
- University of Michigan, Master of Science in Orthodontics
- Named Top Orthodontist, 5280 Magazine, 2009 – Present
- Named Top Dentist, USA Top Dentists, 2009 – Present
- The Charles H. Tweed International Foundation for International Research, April 1999
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society, February 1998
American Association of Orthodontists
American Dental Association
Colorado State Orthodontic Association
Metropolitan Denver Dental Society
Rocky Mountain Society of Orthodontists
- Thomas M. Graber Award of Special Merit, for outstanding scientific research in the field of orthodontics, May 2002
- Louis C. Shultz Award in Operative Rehabilitation, May 1998
- Comprehensive Care Award, May 1998
- Russel W. Bunting Award in Periodontics, August 1997